OUTDOOR Thursday Fall 6v6 League Specific Rules:
HUC abides by the 11th edition rules. All HUC players are expected to know the rules or are at a minimum, willing to learn them. http://www.usaultimate.org/resources/officiating/rules/11th_edition_rules.aspx
Number of players
· Each team will field 6 per side. Ratio is 3W:3O
Game Duration, Game Format
· Total field length (including endzones) is 80 yards, width is 30 yards and endzones are 15 yards each.
· Brick mark is 15 yards from the endzone line.
· Your conveners will be announcing the end times each week and points end as soon as that time cap is reached. OR if not already predetermined by the conveners the captains MUST use the time cap posted on the Zuluru schedule.
· Each game will have a 3 minute half. Halftime is roughly halfway through the allotted time for that week. Captains should agree on and announce “next point half”, and halftime will begin after the next point is scored.
· Games must end at the time timecap is met. Points should not be played out.
Continuous Play/Speed Point Format
· There will be no pulls or stoppages of play at the end of each point scored.
· The offensive team (after scoring) will drop the disc where they scored in the end zone. The previously-defensive, now-offensive team will then pick up the disc and resume play at this location (live-end zone) within 20 seconds of the point being scored. The previously-offensive team will then be on defense.
· Live-end zone:
1. When the point is scored
2. Possession of the disc changes in the endzone or
3. On the pull (at the start & at the half)
· Only bring it up to the front line/cone if the disc goes out the back or sides.
· Subbing will be made on the fly at the designated subbing area (within 10 yards of the center line on the team’s “home” sideline. That is, subbing-OFF players must run towards the center field sideline area to HIGH-FIVE the subbing-ON player. Remember that you can't go on the field until you are high-fived by your teammate. HINT: Try to sub only when you're on offense.
· Players not tagging and/or subbing, or players coming on the field near the end zones is not permitted and is a violation (see below).
Rules modifications from 11th edition
· No Footblocks, unless agreed upon by the captain(s) before the game.
· There will not be a hard (score) cap. Teams can continue to score until the duration of the game elapses.
· End-zones are live. Only bring it up to the front line/cone if the disc goes out the back or sides.
1. Too many players on the field (if not fixed before movement in disc)- results in a turnover if the offending team has possession.
2. Failing to tag the in-coming player- stops play until the action is corrected.
In both cases:
· Violation should be called out loud by any player participating in the game
· Play resumes with a check
Timeouts - Each team will be allowed 2 timeouts per game (1 per half). The procedure of initiating and carrying out a time out will follow 11th edition rules, with the following amendments:
· Time out duration is 60 seconds (instead of 70sec)
· All players (except for the person who called the timeout) may take a substitution during a timeout.
· Defensive team can check the disc in play immediately after the 60 sec elapses and call delay of game (instead of waiting an additional 20 sec before checking the disc and starting stall count). The offensive team has 2 counts to react to the delay of game call before the defensive team can set up a mark and begin the stall count.
· All subs must be HUC members and listed on your team's roster.
Aggressive play is strictly prohibited. Other team sports may encourage players to "go hard" for the ball and tolerate the resulting contact as an acceptable part of the game. This is not acceptable in the Hamilton Ultimate Club. Players who routinely play aggressively will be suspended from the league. Aggressive behaviour should be recorded as an incident when reporting scores.
**No Fighting. Zero Tolerance: A shoving match is interpreted as a fight. Automatic season suspension for offending player(s). It is both captain's responsibility to report incidents to the league convener.**