HUC abides by the 11th edition rules. All HUC players are expected to know the rules or are at a minimum, willing to learn them. http://www.usaultimate.org/resources/officiating/rules/11th_edition_rules.aspx
INDOOR Sunday 6v6 League Specific Rules:
Number of players
· Each team will field 6 per side. Ratio is 3W:3O
Game Duration, Game Format
· Field and End zone perimeters are based on Soccerworld's existing lines. There will be no need to set up the field before each game or use of pylons.
· Brick mark is first dot in front of the endzone line.
· Call time cap at 5 minutes before end of time slot – there are no timeouts during the time cap.
· Captains will need to ensure the game on the scoreboard starts on time and to record the score & immediately reset the timer after finishing your game. All teams will use the electronic scoreboards to monitor the game duration and if possible the score. Make sure that several people on your team know how to operate the timers. Use the Soccerworld clock for the time. If the previous booking does not get off the field immediately, notify STAFF and have staff notify the other teams coming in that we are x minutes behind.
· Each game will have approximately 30 min halves, with an optional 5 minute break at half time. Pulls will initiate each half.
· Games must end at or before the scheduled end. Play-off games cannot end in a tie. Buzzer Beater: If the disc is in the air when the horn goes off, the subsequent point caught will count (disc must be released before the horn).
Continuous Play/Speed Point Format
· There will be no pulls or stoppages of play at the end of each point scored.
· The offensive team (after scoring) will drop the disc where they scored in the end zone. The previously-defensive, now-offensive team will then pick up the disc and resume play at this location (live-end zone). The
previously-offensive team will then be on defense.
· Live-end zone:
1. When the point is score
2. Possession of the disc changes in the endzone or
3. On the pull (at the start & at the half)
· Only bring it up to the front line/cone if the disc goes out the back or sides.
· Subbing will be made on the fly at the designated subbing area (in front of the scoreboard). That is, subbing-OFF players must run towards the scoreboard area to HIGH-FIVE the subbing-ON player. Remember that you can't
go on the field until you are high-fived by your team mate. HINT: Try to sub only when you're on offense.
· Players not tagging and/or subbing, or players coming on the field near the end zones is not permitted and
is a violation (see below).
Rules modifications from 11th edition
· Stall count to 8.
· No Footblocks, unless agreed upon by the captain(s) before the game.
· There will not be a hard (score) cap. Teams can continue to score until the duration of the game elapses.
· End-zones are live. Only bring it up to the front line/cone if the disc goes out the back or sides.
· Hitting an out of bounds object with the disc results in a turnover at the spot the disc crossed the boundary line.
· Contested stall counts should come in at 6. Contested calls come in no higher than 6.
1. Too many players on the field (if not fixed before movement in disc)- results in a turnover if the offending team has possession.
2. Failing to tag the in-coming player- stops play until the action is corrected.
In both cases:
· Violation should be called out loud by any player on the field
· Play resumes with a check
Timeouts - Each team will be allowed 2 timeouts per game (1 per half). The procedure of initiating and carrying out a time out will follow 11th edition rules, with the following amendments:
· No timeouts allowed in the last 5 min of the game
· Time out duration is 60 seconds (instead of 70sec)
· Defensive team can check the disc in play immediately after the 60 sec elapses and call delay of game (instead of waiting an additional 20 sec before checking the disc and starting stall count). The Offensive team has 2 counts to react to the delay of game call before the defensive team can set up a mark and begin the stall count. If you call a time-out, check the clock and concur with your marker when your timeout will expire (which is 60 seconds later).
Please keep in mind that the basic intent of 11th edition rules is to try to ensure that no-one gains an unfair advantage. The aim of the rules concerning subs is the same.
· All subs must be HUC members and registered for the 6x6 indoor league. The substitute player is of similar skill level (same or lesser rating – no prior approval needed from opposing captain) than the missing player(s).
Aggressive play is strictly prohibited. Other team sports (soccer, rugby, football) encourage players to "go hard" for the ball and tolerate the resulting contact as an acceptable part of the game. This is not acceptable in the Hamilton Ultimate Club. Players who routinely play aggressively will be suspended from the league. Aggressive behaviour should be recorded as an incident when reporting scores.
**No Fighting. Zero Tolerance: A shoving match is interpreted as a fight. Automatic season suspension for offending player(s). It is both captain's responsibility to report incidents to the league convener.**